User Experience Designer
Long Term Contract
Excellent Working Environment
About Our Client
- Major Investment Management firm
- This role is responsible for working directly with the Experience Design Lead and Product Team to help research, concept, design, prototype, and test enhancements to our digital experience.
- We are looking for someone with a generative, innovative, and highly collaborative mindset who sees the world in terms of opportunities rather than problems; comfort with the unknown and the uncharted.
- The ideal candidate will be a product-minded practitioner with a strong breadth of design ability: interaction design, prototyping, and UI/visual design. Bonus points for experience with research, metrics/analytics, and user testing applied to design iteration.
- Being able to think through challenges with a user-centered mindset and see the big picture in addition to the details is key. Financial services experience is a plus.
More specifically, you will:
- Be a strong conceptual thinker easily generates compelling, user-centered ideas and solutions
- Be collaborative & work closely with the Experience Design Lead and the Product team to concept, design, and validate innovations & enhancements to the digital experience
- Create designs that illustrate & articulate experience concepts
- Create prototypes for testing and help run user tests to validate concepts
- Be a self-starter comfortable working independently as well as in close collaboration
- Be a champion user-centered design principles, and rely on these principles to create experiences that meet user needs (while simultaneously addressing business goals)
The Successful Applicant
- Must have 3-5 years design experience in either product-related or agency environments designing consumer-facing applications, websites and mobile experience
- Skilled in the areas of interaction design (UX), visual design (UI), and tool-based prototyping. Coding experience a plus but not necessary.
- Ability to take a concept, wireframes, or design and build off of it in a seamless style
- Fluent in current design/prototyping tools: Figma, Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- A solid understanding of designing intuitive functionality, interactions, and interfaces.
- Experience assisting user research and user testing – and subsequently identifying user needs, actions, behaviors, and emotions through research
- Ability to work quickly on short iterative cycles and adapt easily to new inputs
- Effectively use research, internal feedback, user testing results, analytics, and other learnings to iterate concepts/designs to deliver more value to the user and business
- Strong story-telling and presentation skills a plus
- Assisting user research and user testing and subsequently identifying user needs, actions, behaviors and emotions through research
What's on Offer
- Long Term Project