- High base salaries + guaranteed bonuses for APMs.
- Chance to work for the 4th largest electrical contractor in the U.S.
About Our Client
My client has been around for 70 years. They are ~$1bil company and a large portion of that is thanks to their solar initiatives. Their solar division is growing by over 100% and they are prepared to make renewables a core part of their business. My client boasts about their strong comp and benefits package, professional company culture, and established opportunity for growth.
My client is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and affirmative action employer. They celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with clients, partners, and local labor
- Understand, comply and enforce CEI standards and procedures
- Responsible for project Profit and Loss, and understanding complex financial transactions
- Ensure that project leadership is informed of any project risks, particularly with respect to impacts to project finances, schedule, or any impact to an outside party (client, AHJ, etc)
- Prioritize CEI safety culture including actions that impact the project safety record
- Responsible for ensuring project quality and compliance with engineered drawings, maintaining the project schedule, as well as construction permitting / permit compliance
- Train, develop and lead a diverse team to achieve a successful project outcome
- Responsible for communicating, tracking, and maintaining project production goals, including developing recovery strategies. Work closely and collaboratively with field leadership to achieve project goals
- Responsible for ensuring commercial and technical contract compliance, and that construction complies with all applicable local, state, and federal codes
- Maintain accurate project records including financials, as-builts, etc
- Develop and implement complex commercial negotiation strategies
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- A balance of technical knowledge and communication skills is vital to an Assistant Project Manager's success. Prior experience in electrical estimating and the ability to accurately estimate change order pricing is key.
- Verifiable experience in renewable energy construction projects is preferred
- Priority placed on a background that includes working for a General Contractor
- Experience with estimating software is important - bonus points if you know your way around Accubid Enterprise. APMs also need advanced skills in MS Word, Excel, and Project.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred, specifically in Construction Management, Business, Engineering, or similar experience.
- Please have at least 3 years of experience in electrical construction, or MEP experience in general contracting plus other qualifications listed above.
- Civil and/or structural experience a plus
What's on Offer
- Base salary of $80,000-$115,000, depending on experience
- Guaranteed Bonus
- Strong per diem
- Company truck
- Company Equity
- Fast Tracked career progression
- Family Oriented Company
- Competitive Family Health Insurance Plans
- 401k plan with company contributions
- Car allowances including a possible company vehicle