- A great fast growing company and is totally remote working.
- flexible and opportunities to gain promotion internally within the business.
About Our Client
My client has over 20 years' experience of designing, developing and successfully delivering large-scale, user-centred digital platforms for ambitious, disruptive and innovative organisations across the globe. Our ambition is to become the number 1 destination for clients and employees, delivering scalable and dynamic enterprise digital platforms.
Adopting an Agile approach that enables us to adapt quickly and respond effectively, we take pride in delighting our clients through the consistent delivery of large-scale enterprise websites and applications and our scalable, resilient and high-transaction award-winning systems.
To keep growing and keep winning, we're looking to add more great people to our team to help us drive our business forward. We are currently looking for a UX Designer to join a group of exceptionally talented and passionate individuals and contribute towards our continued success.
There values define us and underpin everything that we do. They are the reason our people give us incredible feedback about the culture we have created, and we are extremely proud of this. It's our people and culture that truly sets us apart from our competitors, and we look for people who passionately share these values with us:
- Bring your A game
- Deliver amazing experiences
- Everyone is an innovator
- Have fun and value the team
- Own it!
In this role you will…
- Put the user at the heart of client design and research projects without losing sight of commercial objectives.
- Produce deliverables to a high standard such as user interfaces, wireframes and personas in order to communicate design solutions.
- Deliver interactive prototypes using modern design tools.
- Test ideas early in the discovery process, providing the business with actionable insights.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative user research including lab-based and remote moderated user testing.
- Work collaboratively as part of a wider, multi-disciplined project team in an Agile environment.
- Communicate research findings and design ideas clearly; articulating the problems you are solving and adapting your style to a variety of audiences.
- Effectively plan and facilitate workshops with clients.
- Review design and development work against accessibility standards, making actionable recommendations.
- Define and measure success metrics to determine impact of change and inform future requirements to improve user experience.
- Evangelise user-centred design and user research within Box UK.
- Provide thought leadership and participate in the development and realisation of the UX & Design strategy for the organisation.
- Contribute to the Business Solutions team project resourcing and achieve utilisation targets across the UX & Design function.
- Mentor and assist in developing UX & Design team members, including helping to onboard new team members.
The Successful Applicant
- Inquisitive / curious:able to ask questions to enhance and inform understanding.
- Pragmatic advocate:able to work across concurrent projects whilst adding value through practical methods to achieve project goals. Capable of advocating meeting user needs identified during research whilst balancing client business needs.
- Team player:enjoys working and sharing knowledge as part of a team, is solution orientated and co-operates to resolve problems and achieve goals collectively.
- Interpersonal / communication skills:excellent communication and active listening skills with the ability to express yourself clearly and articulately, both orally and in writing. Able to build strong and effective, collaborative working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Self-starter:motivated and comfortable working autonomously.
- Attention to detail:enjoys delving into the detail of research and design to enrich design approach.
- Creative:able to think of new and different approaches to design solutions to align to user needs.
- Innovative:open to different and new ways of doing things, developing and supporting the introduction of new and improved methods, processes, technologies and ways of working.
- Influential:advocating user-centred design at every level of the business, able to convey ideas, influence decisions and achieve 'buy-in' at all levels both internally and with clients.
- Organised:able to prioritise workload effectively, taking ownership through to delivery and able to switch between different projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexible:willing and able to respond to changing circumstances and expectations readily.
And you will also need…
- A minimum of 2 years' relevant work experience with an agency and / or in-house environment.
- Commercial experience practising user-centred research and design across a range of sectors.
- An understanding of user research, information architecture and UX design.
- Knowledge and experience of conducting a range of user research activities and interrogating the resulting data to generate practical and actionable solutions.
- Good understanding of user-centred design of interactive experiences and a solid understanding of user-centred design principles.
- To be knowledgeable about the limitations of underlying interactive technologies, and aware of platform conventions.
What's on Offer
You will enjoy a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Career training and progression is given and encouraged.