VDC Manager - Commercial Construction
TOP ENR GC local to Colorado
Looking to add talented VDC Managers to the team
About Our Client
A VDC Project Manager will manage a team of coordinators within the VDC department in order to maintain consistency with all processes and procedures to support all projects effectively.
- Provide management, leadership and development to VDC specialists. Including: performance reviews, development plans, department/team meetings, resources needed, and critical elements for the overall success of a project
- Manage and maintain VDC schedules throughout the project and ensure all VDC schedules are incorporated into the CPM schedule on a regular basis
- Facilitate the trade coordination process and hold all parties accountable in order to support the overall project schedule.
- Understand VDC scope required for each project
- Prepare VDC estimates based on scope / VDC deliverables
- Manage project budgets including hours, change orders, and cost of work
- Mitigate risk by performing quality reviews of contract drawings and design models to identity discrepancies, scope gaps, coordination issues and design challenges.
- Facilitate a project expectations meeting, capture expectations in BIM PxP and ensure expectations are met throughout the project
- Review and advise MEP Director on 3rd party modelers for subcontractors.
- Administer proper sign-off standards throughout the coordination process.
- Manage all required VDC metrics that supports the VDC Director
- Assist in the development and maintenance of VDC/BIM policies, procedures and standards.
- Responsible for researching and standardizing VDC/BIM workflows across the organization.
- Recruit qualified modeling/coordination personnel, and provide management assistance to the VDC Director
- Attend pre-proposal meetings, perform site visits, and collect data required to perform modeling tasks
- Consults with VDC director on final approval of VDC budgets and proposals.
- Assist business development in the planning and pursuit of future projects, including interviews with clients.
- Identify resources needed for each project being managed
- Ensure questions regarding projects and model information are properly documented and addressed to the design team
- Assist operations with development of construction phasing models throughout the project as necessary
- Assist operations with the development of project site utilization modeling and logistic coordination
- Continuously seeks experience and training to develop competencies and skills that will make them a strong leader within the firm.
- Continually demonstrates firm's Purpose & Values and trains others in their application.
- Builds trusting interdepartmental relationships.
- Provides guidance and mentoring for the personal and professional development of client's employees
- Consistently guides teams to exceed budget, schedule, safety, and quality goals.
- Ensures all VDC deliverables and expectations are met and closed out at project completion.
- Consults with operations and preconstruction managers to understand project expectations and how VDC plays a role on each project.
- Plans and participates in training programs for members of VDC.
- Strive to attain 100% customer satisfaction for BIM projects Other duties may be assigned.
The Successful Applicant
- 10+ years of industry experience in Construction, Architecture or Engineering with a combination of building systems coordination and management experience
- Advanced knowledge of Virtual Design and Construction technologies and processes
- Experience managing others
- Manage a highly effective team with strong communication skills
- Strong organizational, planning, communication, management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build strong relationships and be an advocate for client's team
- Ability to identify issues as they arise and quickly provide a resolution
- Team player with the desire to provide a high level of service
- Strong time management skills and the ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail
- Construction knowledge experience is required.
- Field experience desired
- Experience on various project types (Healthcare, hospitality, higher Ed, Labs, etc) are desired
What's on Offer