Vice President of Commercial Construction
Progressive and dynamic leadership experience in a high growth organization
Grow, manage, and develop a team of industry-leading construction professionals
About Our Client
Our client is one of the top General Contractors in Houston. They are known for their family-oriented culture and the growth opportunities provided to employees with the Seller/Doer mentality. The company's employees maintain a personal responsibility for projects, as they manage projects from conception to completion.
- Lead Business Development team in identifying, vetting and pursuing new business opportunities, ensuring alignment with the company's strategic focus.
- Manage the necessary pre-qualification processes to secure new opportunities.
- Interface with potential and current clients to build relationships and promote new business, seeking repeat opportunities.
- Lead the estimating department in developing complete bid packages including qualification materials, project estimates, bid schedules and proposals.
- Manage the estimating schedule and the workload.
- Lead the pursuit of clients and post-bid negotiations in order to secure new work.
- Ensure a smooth transition from the estimate to field mobilization.
- Guide both project management and field personnel in proper planning, subcontractor selection and execution of the work.
- Monitor progress of each project and make adjustments as needed to keep the projects on track for success.
- Keep in touch with clients to ensure their overall satisfaction with the company's performance, and build lasting relationships to ensure future repeat business.
- Track the performance of individual projects based on cost and schedule and make the necessary alterations.
- Monitor and prevent major cost and schedule impacts.
- Communicate and implement necessary changed conditions to protect the company from liability and our clients form unnecessary expenses.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or related area
- Minimum of 15 years of commercial construction experience (including 10 years in leadership positions and proven field experience)
- Managed multiple projects with a minimum value of $10M+
What's on Offer
- Competitive pay
- Bonus plan
- Full Insurance
- Paid Time Off