Vice President, Compliance Risk Assessment
Great financial institution
Great career progression
About Our Client
Global Financial Institution
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Supports the synthesis and socialization of a regulatory compliance risk appetite statement and supporting framework.
- Assists with the design and implementation a comprehensive Compliance Risk Assessment framework for identifying the inherent risk of applicable laws/regulations/rules and assessing the efficacy of internal controls to derive residual risk profile.
- Supports management's leadership and guidance to stakeholders as to the methodology, technical aspects and interpreting results.
- Compiles data and prepares risk dashboards designed to identifies the regulatory compliance risk profile on an ongoing basis.
- Supports the Integration the results with the Compliance monitoring and testing units to drive a risk-based application of compliance resources regarding their monitoring and testing activities.
- Conducts comprehensive risk assessments and reviews assessments completed by staff.
- Compiles relevant KRIs/KPIs for management review.
- Stays abreast of the changing regulatory landscape and updating risk appetite statement and CRA framework as necessary.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree required; Advanced Degree highly preferred; Minimum of 10 years of prior regulatory, compliance, and/or risk management experience.
- Financial services experience and knowledge of wholesale banking products as well as commercial leasing business, preferred; Securities and swap dealer experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with securities and swap dealer laws, regulations and rules is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of U.S. banking laws and regulations with emphasis on BSA/AML and sanctions laws regulations.
- Demonstrated track record of increasing management responsibilities and project management responsibilities
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and re-prioritize workloads as necessary.
Demonstrates strong judgement, political astuteness, and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Strong analytical skills to understand project goals and interpret them into meaningful action.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (written and verbal) to successfully interface with all levels of management and maintain solid working relationships in a collaborative group environment.
- Ability to identify and recruit human capital and foster growth and development amongst the team.
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary and annual bonus
Great 401k and Pension