- Secured backlog of projects through 2022 & repeat business
- Coaching and mentorship opportunities & profit sharing
About Our Client
My client is a well-known General Contractor in the Chicagoland construction space who, over the past 20+ years, has been consistently ranked amongst the top GC's in the Chicagoland area. The company is looking for a strong Project Executive to oversee the construction arm of the company and grow the team.
- Projects: big box industrial, medical, manufacturing, commercial, and e-commerce
- Company Size: 70 people in the office
- Revenue: Yearly revenue $200MM
- Repeat clients is their key to their success
- Project Locations: Chicagoland & Midwest
- Culture: very collaborate and team-oriented environment
- Great work/life balance - work outings, happy hours, and remote working opportunities
- Be a part one of Midwest & Chicago's leading general contractor
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Coaching and consulting for assigned projects with functional responsibility for Associates in the project team.
- Full performance responsibility for a project or group of projects, including but not limited to: financial oversight, construction quality, ensuring owner satisfaction, safety performance, oversight of quality metrics and quality performance, oversight of subcontractor selection, subcontract terms and subcontractor relations, oversight of project documentation and project schedule, and risk management.
- Direct management responsibility for Associates on the project team(s).
- Working with early-career project managers, project and field engineers, superintendents, and other construction management professionals, supporting career development activities to grow internal talent pipeline.
- Supporting and at times initiating continuous improvement initiatives.
- Providing consultation to project development and preconstruction team members to support efforts to win potential projects.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree in civil engineering or construction management preferred
- 10 years of construction management experience required
- Experience in running 2-3 ground up projects; ideally in industrial or commercial
- Proficient in estimating, scheduling, budgeting cost, field supervision, financial reporting, and client relationships
- Ability to interface with a variety of technical and business personnel with courtesy, tact and diplomacy
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) to direct organize and communicate with team members at all levels
- Negotiation skills
- Decision making skills
- Talent management
What's on Offer
- Competitive Salary depending on experience (initial range $150K - $200K+ )
- 20 PTO Package
- Paid bonuses to all levels of employees
- 10 Company Holidays
- 100% Medical Benefits covered
- 401k Plan with company contributions
- Company vehicle provided
- $25,000 Life Insurance Policy
- End of year celebrations
- Company outings and happy hours