- Position is next in line to the President
- Growing business looking for outside input for this position
About Our Client
We are partnered with a very reputable General Contractor on a retained search for a Vice President of Construction to join their company, becoming the right hand person to the President. This family-owned company has been in business over 40 years with a very strong pipeline of work, having some of their best years in the last 5. We have placed 10+ people with them in the last 2 years, all of which are still there.
- Project Management:
- Responsible for orchestrating resources to drive delivery of projects on time, on budget while meeting contractual obligations and customer needs.
- Develop and implement best practices and standard processes for improving project controls and project execution.
- Develop best in class project controls/reporting tools and processes
- Aid in sales efforts by supporting developing of strong customer relationships and accurate construction costs and schedules during proposal phase
- Effectively address contract disputes and mitigate any impact
- Ensure effective communication with customers, sub-contractors and internal functions
- Direct the project management team on project execution strategy
- Provide regular reporting on key metrics and projects including budget, manpower planning, on-time in-full, schedule progress, safety, etc.
- Talent Development:
- Play a key role in team and individual career development providing a solid platform for employees to develop and advance
- Ensure employees are trained and held accountable for results
- Build a culture of continuous improvement with the teams
- Provide functional training and development opportunities regularly to ensure risks are mitigated and standard processes followed
- Engage cross-functional teams to ensure superior customer service, achievement of key project milestones and on-time, on-budget contract execution
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in construction, engineering, architecture or similar or relevant experience
- 10+ years overseeing projects and/or people for a general contractor
- Successful oversight experience of PM/SPM individuals
- Technical background with an understanding of building engineering and commercial projects; prior experience in commercial projects
- Detailed knowledge of resource planning and financial planning
- Excellent written, organization, and communication skills
- General knowledge of construction principles and practices
- Team player that's passionate about innovation and driven to optimize and build better buildings and products
What's on Offer
- Salaries up to $250,000 commensurate with experience
- Up to 20% bonus potential
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401K match
- PTO up to 20 days and 9 paid holidays
- Company laptop
- Company cell phone
- Life insurance