- Amazing culture, highly respected atmosphere
- Room for growth in large company
About Our Client
- We are actively partnered with a general contractor in the greater St. Louis area with an extensive backlog of local construction projects.
- They are currently coming out of a large growth period with a recent merger with a regional contractor opening up new opportunities in the local and regional markets.
- 30+ year general contractor in a different market
- The client is currently working with $300M+ in revenue
- Targeting over $450M in the next 3-5 years.
- This client truly focuses on making their employees happy with amazing training and culture.
- Focusing in many different sectors including multifamily and light industrial construction
- Extensive training program to make sure their employees are well informed
- Offering unlimited PTO
- Full bar in office with wine and beers on tap
Apply now and your resume will be considered within 24 hours
- Lead in the development of high-performance teams through supervision, training, coaching, and mentoring. Ensure regular feedback is shared with staff including timely completion of employee performance appraisals.
- Manage and develop assigned staff toward maximum job performance and career potential.
- Develop and improve upon assigned client relationships fostering a "trusted advisor" status.
- Understand and administer contract and subcontract agreements.
- Provide leadership to positively influence change.
- Promote GC's involvement in the community to help build strategic relationships and to embrace the community in which we live and work.
- Foster and enhance architect, subcontractor and vendor relations.
- Establish, update, and communicate the Master Project Schedule and manage its implementation.
- May work with preconstruction team in development of project.
- Manage budget and financial reporting, interpret and analyze reports to ensure adherence to project budget.
- Manage the Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) program.
- Provide leadership in risk evaluation, contract negotiations, fee and pricing decisions.
- Understand, comply and advise others on business ethics and compliance programs.
- Demonstrate high standard of persona; accountability and integrity. Mentor staff to the same high standards.
- Manage and oversee field operation and engineering processes and procedures.
- Drive competencies to team on requirements for insurance, labor relations, and employee relations.
- Drive enforcement of safety protocols by the project staff.
- Support and drive utilization of various initiatives. Promote and utilize emerging technologies and innovations to support sustainable competitive advantages.
- Provide leadership to foster an environment of diversity and inclusion.
- Grow the St. Louis office by identifying new markets
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
Looking for someone who takes ownership of their projects, is comfortable making timely decisions, is great with maintaining client and subcontractor relationships, and can work within a team but with a lot of autonomy. Must have attention to detail and be able to push for new business, needs to be a "go getter"
- 15+ years of engineering, , construction or project management experience in related markets
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Project Management, Architecture, Engineering or equivalent
- Strong organizational skills; candidate should be energized by working with different teams, both internal and external
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects and teams concurrently. Comfortable learning new software platforms to track and organize project information
- Technical background with understanding of building engineering and commercial projects; prior experience in commercial projects
- Detailed knowledge of resource planning and financial planning
- Excellent writing, organization, and communication skills
- Positive attitude and ability to navigate in a fast pace environment
- General knowledge of construction principles and practices
- Team player that's passionate about innovation and driven to optimize and build better buildings and products
What's on Offer
- $200,000+ Base Salary
- Unlimited PTO
- Stock ownership
- Full bar with wine and craft beer on tap
- Very well respected training program
- Health and dental benefits
- One of the best culture in the market
- Leadership program
- Growth Opportunities
- Bonus earning potential