Vice President - Construction
Executive position running Raleigh, North Carolina Business Unit
Reports to the President of National Construction
About Our Client
The Vice President - Construction will be a key part of the Executive team for this leading North Carolina construction company managing the Raleigh division of the business. The company itself has multiple hundreds of millions of dollars in construction projects in bidding and under construction across multiple industry verticals - ranging from commercial/industrial to education/institutional, healthcare and housing/hospitality. If you would like to direct this company through periods of sustained future growth please submit your resume for consideration and contact Chris Knight directly on 617-824-2649.
The Vice President - Construction will be a key part of the Executive Team and will manage the Raleigh, North Carolina region. The position is dedicated to the all round business growth of the company. The successful candidate must be capable of translating corporate strategy into tactical and operational plans that create desired business results, and must possess a strong sense of ownership and accountability for the region's outcomes. Future growth will establish a strong and diverse regional customer base in the commercial/industrial, education/institutional, healthcare and housing/hospitality sectors. The Vice President - Construction will be responsible for the following areas whilst reporting to the President of Construction:
- Identifies the means and resources used to accomplish strategic objectives. Translates strategy into tactical plans that include time-lines and resources needed for execution.
- Manages and develops the resources needed to execute the tactical plan.
- Develops the structure and cadence to benchmark operational performance against the plan.
- Proactively identifies risks, creates and implements contingency plans to minimize risks to the outcomes of the strategic plans
Process Management & Systems Thinking:
- Thoroughly understands key business drivers for performance, uses sound business practices in the implementation of processes and procedures
- Effectively leads and implements changes to structure, process, information, and talent in order to accomplish an objective.
- Organizes people and processes into efficient work-flows to achieve goals of the work group. Identifies synergy opportunities and leads integration to realize performance gains.
- Creates and maintains team momentum to accomplish desired outcomes.
- Clearly assigns responsibility, sets objectives and measures progress against expected results. Establishes a process to monitor progress against the goal through engagement and feedback.
Works Through Structure:
- Sets and clearly communicates performance expectations while developing Associates capabilities to perform and excel.
- Works to ensure appropriate tier/function is capable of performing duties associated with objectives, highlights areas where performance is lacking or personal/professional development is needed. Collaborates with others to envision and achieve a common objective, goal or outcome.
- Provides input for development of strategic plans.
- Solicits feedback to ensure objectives or process changes are having the expected outcome.
- Works to develop regional Associates both professionally and personally.
If you are interested please submit your resume for further consideration.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant for the Vice President - Construction should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Construction Management, finance, marketing, engineering or related field;
- Master's degree preferred.
- Demonstrated success and experience in the construction industry
- Strong customer service orientation, both internal and external.
- An execution mindset with a demonstrated track record of achieving defined objectives.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive leadership experience in a professional environment with engagement in operations, financial management and human resources leadership within the Construction Industry - preferably within the local Raleigh, North Carolina Market
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills; equally adept at one-on-one and group communications; a team and business builder who understands and creates an attractive company culture, strong partnerships, credibility and authenticity at all levels of the company;
- Tactical and innovative business leadership ability; willingness to take ownership of the total performance and resulting value stream in the region.
- Strong leadership capability that encourages others through confidence, integrity, intellect and perseverance that inspires trust and confidence in Associates and customers.
- Ability to develop performance metrics and measure performance against benchmarks, increase revenues and profit, prudently minimize costs, and improve customer and Associate satisfaction and delivery levels.
- Core competencies that include a strong business acumen, the ability to communicate vision and values to motivate others to success, a drive for action and results, and effective process management and problem solving.
What's on Offer
The Vice President - Construction will enjoy the following:
- The ability to progress one's career at one of the leading construction companies in the Carolinas
- Leading base salaries
- Bonus eligibility
- 401k plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous PTO
- Health, dental and life insurance coverage
If you are interested, please submit your resume and contact Chris Knight directly on 617-824-2649.