- Competitive compensation and excellent benefits package
- Qualified candidates will be called within 48 hours
About Our Client
This Design/Build Developer specializes in industrial projects including but not limited to Manufacturing facilities, Distribution Centers and Warehouses. They have a great reputation in the market and continuously do repeat business. They offer competitive salaries, excellent bonuses and a great benefits package.
- Fully integrated developer - development, engineering, construction, architecture, brokerage, leasing
- 80+ people in the company (IL and IN)
- $700M+/year in revenue
- Their properties are over 97% leased
- Properties in over 30 states
- Locate industrial land positions for development in assigned markets through broker relationships, market visits and other relationships. Markets to be determined based on company's targeted markets and candidate's experience.
- Work with tenant rep and corporate services brokers to identify build-to-suit opportunities across the US.
- Manage a team of analysts to oversee underwriting and presentation of projects to company's investment committee.
- Source market research and data to support underwriting and financial modeling for internal approvals and raising capital.
- Oversee all aspects of land development.
- Contribute to overall business development strategy as company sets budget and market goals.
- Work side-by-side with company's capital markets team to close projects with capital partners.
- Oversee the preparation of build-to-suit proposals and new lease proposals to prospective tenants.
- Promote a high level of customer satisfaction among tenants, clients, and brokers.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- 10+ years of in a business development type of role with a Real Estate company
Strong interpersonal, leadership, and sales skills, evidenced by the ability to communicate clearly and maintain relationships with brokers, investors, and end users.
- Relevant industrial real estate experience in the development and leasing areas, including the ability to underwrite project budgets and returns to qualify projects.
- Financial and analytical skills to evaluate project economics.
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail and desire to succeed are essential.
- Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, while coordinating a team of development professionals.
- Ability to produce high-quality deliverables in a timely manner.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook require.
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Travel will be required to ensure strong market knowledge and build relationships in markets being covered (typically 3-4 times per month).
- Undergraduate degree in real estate, finance, accounting, or a related field with a strong record of academic achievement is preferred.
What's on Offer
The Vice President of Development will receive:
- Competitive compensation dependent on experience
- Bonus potential
- Per diem when traveling
- Company Credit Card
- Cell phone
- Major medical, hospital, vision and dental / orthodontia insurance for you, your spouse and dependent children subject to certain deductibles and co-insurance guidelines)
- Health Savings Account
- Group Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Salary Deferral Plan with company match
- 9 paid holidays per year
- Standard vacation days annually upon employment
- 8 Sick days annually upon employment after 30 days