- A general contractor with 50 yrs of history is adding a key member to leadership
- National presence with projects ranging from $2M -$150M
About Our Client
My client is a well-known General Contractor in the Detroit construction space who, over the past 50+ years, has been consistently ranked amongst the top GC's in the Detroit area. The company is looking for a strong Vice President of Operations to oversee the construction arm of the company and grow the team.
- Projects: Heavy civil with an emphasis on mechanical, concrete, and earthwork
- Company Size: 150 employees
- Revenue: Yearly revenue $150MM+
- $600M in projects under contract
- Repeat clients are their key to their success
- Project Locations: Michigan & Midwest
- Culture: very collaborative and team-oriented environment
- Great work/life balance - work outings, happy hours, and remote working opportunities
- Be a part one of Midwest & Chicago's leading general contractor
The key responsibilities of the Vice President of Operations are:
- Coaching and consulting for assigned projects with functional responsibility for Associates in the project team.
- Full performance responsibility for a project or group of projects, including but not limited to financial oversight, construction quality, ensuring owner satisfaction, safety performance, oversight of quality metrics and quality performance, oversight of subcontractor selection, subcontract terms and subcontractor relations, oversight of project documentation and project schedule, and risk management.
- Direct management responsibility for Associates on the project team(s).
- Working with early-career project managers, project and field engineers, superintendents, and other construction management professionals, supporting career development activities to grow internal talent pipeline.
- Supporting and at times initiating continuous improvement initiatives.
- Providing consultation to project development and preconstruction team members to support efforts to win potential projects.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Vice President of Operations candidate will have:
- Degree in civil engineering or construction management preferred
- 10 years of construction management experience required
- Experience in self perform mechanical construction projects; experience with self perform concrete or earthwork a plus
- Proficient in estimating, scheduling, budgeting cost, field supervision, financial reporting, and client relationships
- Ability to interface with a variety of technical and business personnel with courtesy, tact and diplomacy
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) to direct organize and communicate with team members at all levels
- Negotiation skills
- Decision-making skills
- Talent management
What's on Offer
On offer for a Vice President of Operations candidate is:
- Competitive Salary depending on experience (initial range $150K - $200K+ )
- 20 PTO Package
- Paid bonuses to all levels of employees
- 10 Company Holidays
- 100% Medical Benefits covered
- 401k Plan with company contributions
- Company vehicle provided
- $25,000 Life Insurance Policy
- End of year celebrations
- Company outings and happy hours