Vice President of Preconstruction
Lead the GC's Preconstruction department and Estimating projects
Extensive pipeline with a multitude of diverse projects
About Our Client
Our client is seeking a new leader for their construction division. Our client is a commercial general contractor working on both ground up and renovation projects within an hour radius of Minneapolis. Recently exposing themselves to more multifamily work, this person will be a key member of the firm's leadership team overseeing multiple departments and all bids in to potential clients, and will report to the CEO of the office.
- Review project plans, requirements, and specifications.
- Coordinate with the Project Managers and Superintendent during all phases of design to ensure estimates meet projects requirements.
- Review accurate takeoffs, material pricing, and understand all bid documents and project risks.
- Prepare bid packages after comparing and analyzing competitive subcontractor and supplier bids.
- Actively participate in design meetings in support of the Preconstruction Manager with owners and architects during the design development phase.
- Implement training and development programs to improve the preconstruction process and promote individual professional development.
- Develop and maintain existing client relationships before, during and after completion of projects.
The Successful Applicant
Reporting into the CEO and President of the company, the successful Preconstruction Director - Commercial Construction candidate will have the following:
- BS in Construction Management, Building Construction, Engineering or related field.
- 10+ years experience in commercial construction
- Minimum of 6 years in multifamily experience.
- Well organized, detail oriented and ability to multitask.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Please apply here below if interested, or contact Sean directly to learn more at 312-270-2215.
What's on Offer
The qualified candidate will be compensated with a competitive salary, structured and above market bonuses, and exceptional benefits.