VP of Compliance and Financial Crime
Opportunity to grow skillsets within compliance
Opportunity to work for an international firm
About Our Client
Our client is a Japanese bank holding / financial services company headquartered in Chiyoda, Tokyo, Japan.
The VP of Compliance and Financial Crime will be providing guidance to the Front Office on the KYC process for all new customers as well as all KYC renewals. This guidance would include evaluating the risk of new customer and product types. It also includes the Implementation of any enhancements or changes of KYC systems/applications, which could include UAT and other testing. Additionally, the VP of Compliance and Financial Crime in New York, NY would also be responsible for reviewing the compliance aspect of sanction screening reviews. This position will also include reviewing the compliance aspect of sanction screening reviews, as well as assisting with the reviews for transaction monitoring.
The Successful Applicant
- Review all front office new account requests and KYC renewal submissions. Working closely with all front office to ensure the timely completion. Review of all data and documentation submitted for accuracy and completeness.
- Provide guidance and consultation to the Front Office on new and existing customer with regards to ever changing regulations.
- Assist in maintaining the BSA/AML Program, the KYC policy and procedures, and Operating Manuals, and update as necessary.
- Review and clear daily sanction screening cases. Review all cases generated by the sanction screening system including
performing investigations as necessary.
- Review and clear daily transaction monitoring alerts. Review/clear/escalate/close alerts in the transaction monitoring systems, and conduct investigations where necessary. Maintain a close working relationship with all front office teams is necessary when conducting an RFI.
- Draft Suspicious Activity Report "SAR" as required.
- Provide assistance in BSA related projects as they arise.
- Overseeing the quarterly Q/A process with respect to KYC, OFAC and Transaction Monitoring reviews.
- Provide training as necessary to all junior staff members on KYC, OFAC and Transaction monitoring systems.
- Effectively manage any direct reports.
What's on Offer
Competitive Base Salary + Discretionary Bonus
Full Benefits- Medical, Dental, Vision
Career Growth Potential