VP, Corporate Compliance (non-BSA/AML)
Great financial institution
Great exposure to building a new function
About Our Client
Global financial institution.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Manage and administer an effective Corporate Compliance program for the New York Branch
- Assist Head of Compliance establishing and enhancing Corporate Compliance functions
- Develop, disseminate, and enforce regulatory strategies, policies and guidelines across the Branch
- Manage key processes such as corporate compliance risk assessment, compliance monitoring and testing
- Use knowledge of regulatory standards to assess business practices and related compliance risks that ultimately result in successful compliance testing
- Collaborate with technical and operational personnel to refine and enforce Corporate Compliance program with relevant regulatory and internal requirements
- Coordinate compilation of regulatory/management submissions like reports, renewals, variations, maintenance logs, etc.
- Coordinate administration of corporate compliance programs including anti-bribery/anti-corruption, conflicts of interest, etc.
- Conducting consistent and/or random monitoring to inspect an organization's operations, assess how compliant these operations are with rules and regulations
- Examine reports of activities that may indicate non-compliance and follow up on them
- Developing corporate compliance framework and relevant policies, procedures as required
- Coordinate upkeep of compliance owned policies, procedures and manuals
- Perform other compliance related duties as required
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree required
- Familiarity with S. Banking Laws/Regulations
- Familiarity with Corporate Banking and Financial Institutions business and relevant products / services (e.g. Letters of Credit, Trade Finance, Clearing)
- 5- 8 years of experience in financial services in Regulatory Compliance or Corporate Compliance
- Superior written and verbal skills to communicate with senior management and staff
- Able to comprehend changes to laws and regulations including reporting impact of changes to senior management
- Able to use Word, Excel and PowerPoint proficiently
- Strong research and problem-solving skills
- Able to manage time and multiple deadlines
- Able to provide training to staff
What's on Offer
Competitive base and bonus
Excellen benefits which include 401k, health, dental, vision