VP, Credit Modeling Development
One of the largest international banks
About Our Client
Our client is one of the largest international banks in the world. They are quickly expanding its operation in the world.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Actively participate in team projects, including PD and LGD model development, Basel parameter updates, data management, as well as other policy and process issues.
- Maintain ongoing monitoring of model performance, and modify models as requested.
- Liaise with all concerned parties, e.g. Head Office, business line, external consultants and regulators.
- Evaluate internal and external practices, including rating agency write-ups, industry peers and local regulatory requirements, to ensure the bank is using the "best practice" processes and adhere to regulatory requirements.
- Support rating related policies and procedures.
- Assume vendor management role.
- Other assigned responsibilities.
The Successful Applicant
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Good knowledge and understanding of a variety of credit rating model development and/ or validation testing techniques.
- Strong knowledge of credit products and lending principles.
- Knowledge of the financial markets, reporting and banking operations.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, and able to take multiple tasks at the same time, and work under pressure.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Master's degree in finance, financial engineering, mathematics or other relevant subjects.
- At least 5 years of work experiences in wholesale credit risk modeling, strong understanding of credit modeling.
- Sound understanding of banking credit principles.
- Professional designations (e.g. CPA, CFA, FRM or equivalent) a plus.
What's on Offer
- Free insurance
- Great benefits
- Excellent PTOs