- Work on Trophy Projects
- Tight knit lean team
About Our Client
National Developer with a focus on mixed-use and multifamily projects. They have several offices, and opened their Denver market about a year ago.
The VP of Development will be responsible for all current and future projects as well as mentoring and developing a team of 5 development professionals. This includes sourcing raw land sites, acquisitions, entitlements/ permitting, development planning and execution.
- Manages the due diligence process on land opportunities, and develops documentation and recommendations on key findings that may affect the return and financial performance of the proposed deal.
- Prepares detailed investment memorandums providing insight on the proposed projects for submission to the Company's Investment Committee including detailed pro-forma and financial models and pursuit cost budgets.
- Supports the negotiation of sale and purchase agreements for approved projects.
- Directs third party relationships to complete project design concept and building plans in accordance to approved scope of work.
- Manages relationships with the construction team to ensure construction projects are completed in a timely manner, designed according to plan and within budgetary guidelines. Works with the team to ensure the development and coordination of quality control procedures. Ensures all required permits are obtained.
- Maintains on-going communications with the executive team, equity partners, and other key business leaders affiliated with the project to provide periodic updates on the progress against schedule and budgets, surfaces and resolves issues that may compromise the project delivery schedule or costs, and responds quickly and with urgency to questions, concerns, and requests for information.
- Develops and maintains relationships with local market brokers, institutional and equity partners, lenders, real estate owners, and other key stakeholders, and appropriately manages on-going communications related to proposed development projects.
- Completes various human resources, financial, administrative, and other reports and analysis, and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
- Identifies areas for improvement, offers suggestions to improve the overall efficiency and productivity of the development discipline, and introduces procedures and activities that control costs, improve quality, and drive efficiencies in the development process.
- Keeps abreast of current changes in technology, processes, and standards within the industry and area(s) of responsibility by attending internal and external training classes, research and/or subscribing to the internet or other professional publications, or utilizing other appropriate method(s) to obtain business and professional information, and applies knowledge and practices to area(s) of responsibility.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
The VP of Development must have the following attributes:
- 7 YEARS MINIMUM experience in development with exposure to large urban mixed-use projects or multifamily. MUST have experience taking a project from start to finish.
- Bachelors degree in finance, real estate, contraction management or related degree.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to develop, comprehend, and complete legal, financial, human resources, and other business documents and to provide updates and reports to owners and key business leaders.
- Expert-level proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet (Excel), and database management programs in order to complete, design, and develop required reports and documents.
- Experience in Company software applications related to budgeting and overall project management.
- Demonstrated mathematical skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers, decimals, and fractions, and calculate percent's in order to complete financial records, budgets, and other fiscal reporting information.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-management skills in order to establish, cultivate, and maintain productive relationships with brokers, institutional and equity partners, owners, and lenders.
- Strong organizational, time-management, and project management skills in order to effectively track, report, and manage multiple projects and priorities where meeting deadlines is critical.
What's on Offer
Our client offers a competitive base salary + bonus and an amazing culture.