- Excellent company culture, tight knit group
- Highly visible role
About Our Client
Our client is an established, financially strong, privately held company in Elgin IL. They design, develop, and distribute, consumer good products such as DIY tools globally. They are looking to bring on a Director of Engineering to oversee all new product development and lead the group of designers. Management position overseeing engineering teams by approving resource allocations, budget control, and leading new projects.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Work with the management team to find specific goals to support business with new product development.
- Take charge for planning, budgeting, and scheduling to meet project time-lines and commitments.
- Approve designs/drawings and ensure the quality, accuracy, and completeness of engineering drawings before released to manufacturer.
- Ensure products meet engineering principles, practices, regulatory, and customer requirements.
- Oversee Quality Assurance efforts.
- Develop and implement continuous/process improvement strategies.
- Travel 10-20% between domestic and international
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineer.
- 10 years progressive experience in engineering design and/or development
- Knowledge of plastic and metal parts manufacturing process and techniques
- Successful record bringing new consumer goods to market
- Strong technical skills (including CAD/SolidWorks) required
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Ability to coach, mentor, and motivate individuals to perform beyond their comfort zone
- Proficient in Microsoft office tools
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary between $130,000-$150,000, depending on experience and skills
- Bonus opportunity based on performance
- Profit Sharing
- Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental and Vision
- Generous PTO beginning in the 1st year
- 401(k) with 10% company match