VP of Fundraising
Work with top industry professionals
Strong team atmosphere
About Our Client
Our client is a growing real estate private equity firm based in Houston, TX.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The VP of Fundraising will support all aspects of the fund-raising, capital markets, and business development function, with key responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Assist in the creation of a capital raising strategy to reach additional investors not already tied to the firm.
- Preparation of and ongoing updates to all marketing and other investor material
- Maintenance and organization of internal CRM system including logging of all investor calls, meetings and relevant investor updates and ensuring that all updates and follow-ups are properly tracked
- Strategize and prepare materials for investor meetings
- Complete limited partner due diligence requests and handle other investor queries
- Manage investor closing process during fundraising
- Assist with strategic firm initiatives, research projects, and other miscellaneous projects
- Draft presentations and memorandums for senior management
- Maintain and update investor portal and fundraising portal
- Perform other tasks with Partner as necessary
The Successful Applicant
As this is a newly created position, our client is looking for someone who has experience and creativity to carve out their own niche with one simple goal - help the firm raise more capital while assisting the Principal with ad hoc needs across the business.
- Undergraduate degree required- MBA preferred
- Minimum of 10+ years of related experience, ideally within capital markets & fundraising
- Fundraising experience with institutional investors and private wealth.
- Self-motivated and proactive individual with an ability to work independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage multiple, parallel responsibilities and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to "see the bigger picture" and get to the heart of issues rapidly
- Results oriented, with the ability to work effectively under pressure
- Strong work ethic and a genuine passion for excellence
- Team player with positive attitude and pro-active approach to work
- Highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint and Word
What's on Offer
This position offers the following benefits:
- Competitive base pay + performance based bonus
- Standard health care coverage
- 401K contribution