- Small Lean Team
- Boutique Private Equity Firm
About Our Client
Austin based boutique Private Equity firm.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Based out of Austin, TX, the Director of Investments will play a key role in a real-estate opportunity fund start-up, advising on fund strategy, investment analysis, generating capital allocation ideas across multiple asset classes, while jumping into existing business of managing assets already in development, dispositions of assets in current portfolio and/or underwriting assets identified and slated for acquisition.
- Providing recommendations for new and upcoming deals
- Analyzing existing deals across multiple asset classes, with a focus on multifamily
- Assisting with fund-raising documents and other internal strategies, including pitch decks and investor collateral
- Executing quick or deep-dive business analyses, investment memorandums, private placement memorandums, one-ff deal offering memorandums, capital raising, evaluation of opportunity sets, and investor relations
- Working directly with a robust network of investors and other partners that aligns with firms vision, investing philosophy and operating principles
- Underwriting, analyzing and leading due diligence efforts on acquisitions, along with managing dispositions of assets.
- ad hoc projects as needed.
The Successful Applicant
As this is a newly created position, our client is looking for someone who has experience and creativity to carve out their own niche.
- Undergraduate degree required- MBA preferred
- 5-7 years of experience (2-3 years of real estate transnational underwriting experience & 3-4 years of strategic investment and capital raising experience at the fund level)
- Experienced with fund management & real estate investment experience, including underwriting multifamily development opportunities, in addition to value-add opportunities across multiple existing asset classes
- Self-motivated and proactive individual with an ability to work independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage multiple, parallel responsibilities and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to "see the bigger picture" and get to the heart of issues rapidly
- Results oriented, with the ability to work effectively under pressure
- Strong work ethic and a genuine passion for excellence
- Team player with positive attitude and pro-active approach to work
What's on Offer
This position offers the following benefits:
Competitive salary and equity awards
Medical, dental, and vision benefits
401(k) retirement plan