VP of Manufacturing
Continuous Improvement, Food Manufacturing
About Our Client
Fantastic FDA food manufacturer (not dairy or meat) looking for a strong leader to help them transition their facility to the modern era in terms of new machinery, cost-improvement projects, etc. This role has limited travel but with the expectation of traveling once they implement a second facility.
* Play a leading role in developing the culture of the organization both inside and outside of Operations.
* Provide overall leadership to the operations function, with responsibility for: strategy development and implementation; operating plans and budgets; value generation initiatives; policies, procedures, and leveraging technology; staff assessment and development; performance measurement and governance; and, communications with business units and senior management.
* Develop a robust Sales & Operations Planning process that integrates demand, supply, and inventory planning capabilities. Coordinate with all functional leads to develop and align the business to plan. * Develop visibility of growth in product family demand. Set a supply strategy that is aligned with the business and translate that into executional actions.
* Manage and control inventory, obsolescence, and working capital. Incorporate inventory positions into the overall S&OP process and help facilitate supply decisions.
* Contribute to develop and then implement plans to optimize supply chain footprint to address cost and service targets.
* Implement professional procurement processes, including purchasing and transactional operations.
* Together with the Operations leadership team, provide vision and establish enterprise-wide manufacturing goals.
* Establish accountability in key processes by helping creating performance metrics and goals and then manage the business to meet and exceed these measures; drive continued performance improvement
* Oversee the preparation and responsible for the performance of the approved budgets and forecasts.
* Provide effective leadership including: development and implementing objectives; selecting key personnel and motivating members of the functional area; challenging employees to develop as leaders while serving as a role model and mentor.
* Partner with sales, marketing, product development and other departments to ensure consistent and smooth operations.
* Ensure the highest standards for food safety and quality.
* Ensure continuous improvement to operational effectiveness and efficiencies within all manufacturing functions.
* Ensure manufacturing is prepared for and is successful during internal/external regulatory inspections.
* Provide guidance and support for capital projects.
* Ensure Environmental, Safety, and Health requirements are achieved at each plant.
* Provide input and support to corporate people development objectives (i.e., performance calibration/talent pool management/succession planning, individual goal setting/performance reviews; training and development).
The Successful Applicant
* Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering, or a related field from an accredited institution. -MBA strongly preferred
* 10+ years of progressive FDA Food or Beverage operations and manufacturing leadership experience across multiple disciplines (i.e. manufacturing, distribution, planning, etc.), preferably in a high perishable, very short shelf life environment.
* Experience using continuous improvement and Lean principles to lead operational transformation (i.e. footprint optimization, cost-out, on-time delivery, safety, quality, etc.).
* Experience in management of complex mechanical and electronic components, from planning through fulfillment.
* Expert understanding of demand planning, supply planning, and cross-functional Supply Chain & Operations, and Manufacturing processes and related systems.
* Expert understanding of materials management, warehousing, and inventory control policies, processes, procedures, and systems.
* Expert understanding of supply chain KPIs (e.g. forecast accuracy, fill rates, on-time delivery, schedule attainment, etc.).
* Experience with network optimization, quantifiable results in identifying supply chain improvements through scenario analysis, logistics spend, and footprint decisions.
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills in support of metrics-, data- and process-oriented objectives; ability to succinctly report on critical operations measures to key internal and external stakeholders.
* Excellent financial, quantitative, and analytical skills; experience with business and supplier performance reporting.
* Demonstrated success as a people leader, including the ability to: set and gain buy-in for strategic direction and vision; attract, hire, retain, and develop key/critical operations leaders; and establish an engaging culture of accountability, quality, and customer focus.
* Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills; comfortable and credible with both internal stakeholders and external audiences.
What's on Offer
- Competitive Compensation + Bonus
- Heath, Vision and Dental benefits
- Disability and Life Insurance
- 401k match