VP of Multifamily Development
One of Nations Largest Multifamily Developers
Opportunity to scale a Developers Presence in Seattle
About Our Client
My client is one of the Leading Nationwide Developer with a strong presence in the Multifamily market. The company aims to create distinctive communities of lasting value are created, a solid return for investors is delivered, and a culture of respect and empowerment is forged for its employees.
- Primary responsibility for building the knowledge of all potential development sites in the market and develop a plan for pursuing them.
- Responsible for quickly developing preliminary information relative to the site such as the quality and location, development trends in the submarket, the location of comparable apartment sites, impact fees and real estate taxes
- Responsible for a preliminary strategy concerning the type of product we should develop including unit mix, type and scope of amenities and any other key project features to target the preferred demographic and achieve the level of rents required.
- Responsible for leading and managing the due diligence effort when pursuing projects under contract. This includes collecting and managing the review of all potential risks and value drivers including title documents, project entitlements, environmental documents, soils analysis, etc.
- Lead the effort of preparing a finance package to be sent to potential lenders and equity partners for projects under due diligence.
- Help collect the information requested by or set forth in the checklist of the lender or equity partner
- Work with VP of Construction to ensure that the necessary entities are formed on a timely basis and obtaining such things as corporate approvals and coordinate with the construction team to obtain the necessary building permits.
- Closely monitor the project budget and schedule and maintain executive oversight of the construction team.
- Responsible for coordinating with construction to establish realistic turnover schedules for the project, model and amenity area furniture installation dates, approval of a lease-up budget and lease-up strategy.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or related field
- MBA Preferred
- Background with Financial Valuations and evaluations of property
- Strong Communication Skills
- Strong Quantitative skills
- Thorough understanding of using Excel and understand Pro Forma Analysis
What's on Offer
- Highly competitive Base Compensation
- Performance based bonuses with outlined structure
- Excellent 401K plan
- Fully paid Medical, Dental and Vision
- PTO and Sick days