- Leading Investment Bank with competitive base pay, bonus, and hybrid environment
- Exciting opportunity to join a growing Product Control team
About Our Client
My client is a leader in the Banking industry that provides various financial products and services. This well established Investment Bank provides consumers, corporations, governments, and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services. Which include consumer banking, credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, and wealth management.They have ambitious growth plans this year as a part of their long term strategy, so the need for an VP, Valuation Control Supervisor is essential for the team.
- Strong understanidng of Independent Price Verification (IPV)
- Responsibility for all aspects of valuation control of the business, including validation of market data inputs, reporting and analysis.
- Producing and implementing methodologies / procedures for valuation adjustments and price testing across the business, with particular attention to the design of controls.
- Development of appropriate controls to effectively ensure compliance with Policies and Standards pertaining to Valuation Control.
- Acting as first point of escalation with regards to any discrepancies and price variance breaches
- Identifying pricing issues, valuation parameters or instrument types that may require particular attention with critical analysis of the valuation issues involved
- Take a leading role in global, cross-functional projects
- Enhancement and effective management of the VCG control and governance framework associated with the NAM Equities Business
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- 5+ experience in a valuation, risk or product control related discipline
- Strong understanding of current global accounting and regulatory developments pertaining to valuation of financial instruments
- Ability to understand complex concepts and effectively challenge peers in Finance, Risk and the Business
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in any finance, economics or quantitative related subject.
What's on Offer
- Competitive Base Salary
- Performance related annual bonus
- Strong Benefits Plan
- 23 Vacation Days, 6 unplanned (sick) days, + Holidays