- RWA/Basel 3 regulatory capital experience required for a VP position
- My client is recruiting a candidate with strong RWA knowledge
About Our Client
Leading International Investment Bank
This position sits in a newly created Regulatory Policy team and is now hiring candidates at the VP level that has experience with RWA and Basel. Policy experience is not reuired, however this candidate must show an interest in policy and wilingness to learn.You will support the Regulatory Reporting Policy Dept to develop, document, and maintain key rule interpretations and guidance for U.S. regulatory reporting requirements (LCR, NSFR, BASEL, SA-CCR, SCCL, FR 2052a, RWA, FRY 15, FRY 9C, FFIEC 002 etc.)
- Keep track of and provide guidance to relevant stakeholders for new and emerging U.S regulatory rules and requirements.
- Provide training on a regular basis on key U.S. regulatory reporting requirements for the company.
- Demonstrate abilities to challenge data reported in all reporting schedules adhered to respective guidance, identify potential gaps and develop remediation plan.
- Support governance and control requirements related to regulatory capital adequacy and liquidity models
- Work closely with business or other stakeholders to resolve emerging regulatory reporting requirements and respond to questions related to the regulatory reporting policies and standards.
- Support relevant advocacy efforts and the implementation of regulatory reporting projects.
- Assess regulatory reporting impacts and implications on the company's new products, new trades and complex business transactions provided by the Controllers regulatory reporting teams.
- Interact with members of the Federal Reserve, Audit and other regulatory bodies on technical regulatory reporting matters.
- Participate in industry forums related to regulatory capital, liquidity regulatory reporting, and other major regulatory reports. Assist the Regulatory Reporting Policy Dept head to provide technical expertise to shape SMBC's comment letters on all evolving regulations
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor degree (preferably in finance, business, accounting)
- 7 to 10 years regulatory reporting experience in the banking industry.
- Candidates can come from another bank or from Big 4 advisory
- Strong research skills, analytical skills, business writing skills, presentation skills.
- Good knowledge of capital requirements under US Basel, capital related reporting, and other major reports. (Y15, Y9c, FFIEC 102, FFIEC002, FR2052a, etc.)
- Good knowledge of market risk and credit risk
- Support large scale projects, collaborate with numerous areas across the firm.
- Good knowledge of US GAAP
What's on Offer
Attractive base and bonus
Opportunity to move out of reporting and into an advisory type of position
Hybrid working model 2 days in the office