- A star project with focus on AI+Drug discovery and enzyme engineering
- A strong international team with core know-how on AI and peptide drug discovery
About Our Client
Our client is a company with a mission to solve two global challenges: (1) Develop effective biological drugs (2) Produce low-carbon biochemicals. While delivering our business value, the products we are developing will create a positive impact on human health and the environment.
The team comes from global lead AI company, top biotech company and well-known universities, with robust experience in AI, drug discovery, biochemical development, and business operations. Our team established a closed-loop platform that combines wet lab discovery and data-rich AI. With the AI platform to design protein and optimize biosynthetic pathway, we are developing novel peptide drugs, enzymes, etc.They have got offices and R&D centers in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, and New Jersey, with strong relationships with global research institutes, MNC and government agencies.
1. Discover and develop high performance enzymes that have applications in the sustainable manufacturing of pharmaceuticals, food, and industrial products.
2. Build enzyme R&D team, Develop the short and long term enzyme pipeline, build research plans and budgets, establish an automated experimental development platform, establish and responsible for product development and production including discover, screening, optimize, fermentation, isolation, provide necessary support for market sales;
3. Responsible for providing professional technical support related to enzyme engineering for different projects;
4. Cooperate with the AI team to build a rational design platform for enzyme molecules;
5. Serve as the scientific due diligence lead for business development activities including search and evaluation, licensing, mergers and acquisitions
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Jerome Zheng on +86 21 6035 3547
The Successful Applicant
1. PhD degree in bioengineering, biotechnology, molecular biology, enzyme engineering, metabolic engineering, proteomics, bioinformatics or related majors;
2. More than 10 years of experience in product research and development in enzyme engineering, protein engineering or related industries, with independent development capabilities, team management experience is perffered;
3. Familiar with technologies in enzyme engineering such as enzyme molecular modification, enzyme gene library ultra-high-throughput screening, enzyme structure-activity relationship analysis, bioinformatics, enzyme performance characterization, enzyme protein batch preparation and quality control, and proficient in at least one of them;
4. Proactive, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What's on Offer
1. Great pay and employee stock option plan
2. Competitive insurance plan
3. Flexible working hours and paid annual leave
4. Employee assistance program
5. An international and diverse working environment