You are here
Job Interview Thank You Letter and Email Example
23 October 2017
After walking out of an interview that you nailed, you may think that the interview is over. It’s not! Your actions after the interview are just as important as the interview itself. The hiring manager will be on the lookout for your thank you email, so you want to ensure you keep these tips in mind to ensure you put your best foot forward.
- Keep your letter brief
- Send your email promptly – within 24 hours
- Email ALL the interviewers you spoke with and tailor your emails to each person based on your conversation with them
- Recap your qualifications and strong interest in the position
- Include links to your personal website or portfolio, or regarding something you discussed in the interview
- Delay your thank you letter
- Include any unprofessional social media profile links
- Send more than 2 thank you emails to the same person
- Send an email without carefully checking for grammar and spelling errors
Dear [Interviewer Name],
Thank you so much for meeting with me today/yesterday. It was a pleasure to learn more about the position and the company. I’m very excited about the opportunity to join [company name] and help [create extraordinary content, gain new clients, etc.] with your team as my experiences and skill set align perfectly with this role.
I look forward to hearing from you about the next steps in the hiring process. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any more additional information.