Michael Page's online service is committed to protecting the privacy of our users. We want to provide a safe and secure user experience. We will ensure that the information you submit to us via our website at michaelpage.com (The Michael Page Site) remains private, and is only used for the purposes set out in this policy.
The Information We Collect and How We Use It
Your personal details, including your name, e-mail address and resume, are held and used by us for the following purposes:
- For matching your coded details with job vacancies, to assist us in finding you the position that most suits you;
- For keeping you informed of Michael Page services, news and wider developments in your chosen field;
- For tailoring the version of our website you see when you log on to make it relevant to you; and/or
- For compiling salary and other surveys of our candidates.
Disclosures of Your Information
We will share your information within the Michael Page group of companies where necessary in order to provide you with our recruitment services.
It is possible that Michael Page could merge or be acquired by another business. If this happens, we may share the information that relates to you with the new owners of the business and their advisers. You will be sent notice of such an event.
Your resume and related information will be sent to prospective employers but only where you give your consent.
Michael Page employs a full suite of industry standard data security measures.
To subscribe to job alerts emails, you will be required to provide your e-mail address, which will be used for the purpose of keeping you informed, by e-mail, of the latest jobs in your nominated industry and/or industry news via job alerts.
We give you the option of submitting your resume via this website. You can do this either to apply for a specific advertised job or for consideration by our recruitment consultants for positions as they come up. Although your resume will be stored online, it will only be accessible by Michael Page group recruitment consultants. Your resume will also be e-mailed directly to our recruitment consultants who review your details and enter them onto our central in-house database.
You can update your resume at any time, simply by following the same procedure to submit a new resume. Your old resume will automatically be replaced.
Aggregate Information About Michael Page Online Visitors
We gather information and statistics collectively about all visitors to this website and all of the Michael Page websites worldwide, for example, which area users' access most frequently and which services users' access the most. We only use such data in the aggregate form. This information helps us determine what is most beneficial for our users and how we can continually improve our online services to create a better overall experience for our users. We also publish some of this information on the Michael Page websites worldwide.
You have the right at any time to ask us for a copy of the information supplied by you that we hold. We have the right to charge an administrative fee for this service. If you would like to make a request for information, please contact [email protected]. You also have the right to ask Michael Page to stop using your information.
Please note that clicking on to links and banner advertisements may result in your transfer to another website, where data privacy practices may be different to that of Michael Page. Visitors should consult the other websites' privacy policies as we are not responsible for, and have no control over, information that is submitted to or collected by these third parties.
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an basis. Therefore, by browsing this web site and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way.
FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: Your Privacy Rights and How To Exercise Them
If you are a California resident, you have the right, subject to certain exceptions defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and other applicable laws and regulations, to request that Michael Page International, Inc. (“Company”) disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past twelve (12) months.
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Right to Know: California consumers have the right to submit a verifiable request to know what personal information Company collects, uses, discloses, and sells.
- Right To Delete: California consumers have the right to submit a verifiable request for deletion of their personal information that Company has collected or maintains.
- Right to Opt Out of Sale: California consumers have the right to opt out of the sale of their personal information. California consumers under the age of 16 must opt in to the sale of their personal information, or their parent or guardian must opt in on their behalf. As noted above, Company did not sell California consumers’ personal information during the past 12 months.
- How to Exercise Your Rights
Company will respond to requests in accordance with applicable law if it can verify the identity of the individual submitting the request. California consumers can exercise their rights to know and to delete in the following ways:
- How We Will Verify Your Request:
The processes that we follow to verify your identity when you make a request to know or a request to delete are described below. The relevant process depends on how and why the request is submitted.
i. Requests Using an existing email account
If you created a password-protected email account, registered on our database before the date of your request, we will rely on this account as verification of your identity. We will ask that you re-authenticate your account via an automated email and will only disclose your personal information (in response to a request to know) or delete your personal information (in response to a request to delete) once the above steps have been completed.
Please note that you are responsible for protecting the security of your email account. If we suspect fraudulent or malicious activity we will be unable to process your request until further verification checks have been made.
ii. Requests Other Than Through A Password-Protected Account:
The following verification processes will be followed if you submit a request by any means other than through a password-protected account created before the date of your request:
- Requests To Know Categories Of Personal Information: We will match at least two data points that you provide with your request to know, against information we already hold about you on our systems and that we have determined to be reliable for purposes of verifying your identity. Examples of relevant data points include your zip code, previous employment history.
- Requests To Know Specific Pieces Of Personal Information: We will match at least three data points that you provide with your request to know, against information that we already hold about you on our systems and that we have determined to be reliable for purposes of verifying your identity. In addition, we will require you to sign a declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the California consumer whose personal information is the subject of the request.
- Requests To Delete Personal Information: Our process for verifying your identity will depend on the sensitivity (as determined by the Company) of the personal information that you ask us to delete. For less sensitive personal information, we will require a match of two data points as described in Point No. 1, above. For more sensitive personal information, we will require a match of three data points and a signed declaration as described in Point No. 2, above.
We have implemented the following additional procedures when verifying the identity of requestors:
- If we are unable to complete the above verifications, we may ask you for additional documentation. All additional information will be permanently deleted after we have completed the verification process and will not be used for any other purpose.
- If we cannot verify your identity to a satisfactory level, we will provide you with a prompt decision and explanation.
d. Authorized Agents
You may designate an authorized agent to exercise your right to know or your right to delete by submitting to us a completed “Authorized Agent Designation” form. You can obtain the designation form by contacting us at [email protected].
If an authorized agent submits a request to know or a request to delete on your behalf, the authorized agent must submit with the request either (a) a power of attorney that is valid under California law, or (b) a document signed by you that authorizes the authorized agent to submit the request on your behalf. In addition, we may ask you to follow the applicable process described above for verifying your identity.
e. Company’s Non-Discrimination Policy
California consumers have the right not to be subject to discriminatory treatment by Company for exercising their privacy rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act, and Company will not discriminate on that basis. However, Company may charge a California consumer a different price or rate or provide a different level or quality of goods or services if the difference is reasonably related to the value provided to the California consumer by the consumer’s personal information. If Company does so, it will provide consumers with any legally required notice.
For More Information
For questions or concerns about Company’s privacy policies and practices, please contact us at [email protected].