If you have an important interview coming up, you probably have a lot on your mind. There are a lot of things to do both before and after this important meeting. It’s normal to worry that you’ll forget something.
That is why we put together a checklist to help you prepare for and follow up on your interview.
Before the Interview
Make sure you do these things well in advance to ensure that your interview goes as well as possible:
- Research the organization and the role
- Consult the job description/posting to glean any insights you can
- Prepare answers for potential interview questions or even tests
- Study up on competency-based interviews
- Prepare for the possibility of a group interview
- Update your resume if necessary
- Practice walking through your resume
- Print extra copies of your resume
- Prepare questions for your interviewer
- Look up the location of your interview and assess a route
- Make sure you are dressed appropriately
- Bring paper and a pen to take notes
- Arrive early
After the Interview
While it may feel like your job is done after your interview, there are still some key things you need to do in order to complete the process.
- Send thank you notes to everyone you spoke to
- Mentally prepare for a second interview or follow-up questions
- Send a follow-up if necessary
- Evaluate any mistakes you think you made so you can improve for next time
- Consider what you are looking for in an offer (salary and benefits), if you are to receive one
If you’d like to learn more about preparing for an interview, please browse our Michael Page advice column or reach out to one of our expert consultants today.